Skip to Main Content
The timber resources of Pennsylvania. A report on the forest survey made by the U.S. Forest ServiceAuthor(s): Roland H. Ferguson; Roland H. Ferguson
Source: Upper Darby, PA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northeastern Forest Experiment Station. 46 p.
Publication Series: Resource Bulletin (RB)
Station: Northeastern Research Station
PDF: View PDF (3.98 MB)
DescriptionThis is a report on the timber resources of Pennsylvania. It is based on the findings of a survey made by the Forest Service, U.S. Department of Agriculture as part of a nationwide forest appraisal. The survey data show--as of January 1955--the area and condition of the forest land and the volume and quality of the standing timber. They also include, for the year 1954, estimates of timber growth and mortality and estimates of timber cut for forest products. The forest survey was conducted over a 5-year period, 1949-54. NOTE: this document was scanned from a personal copy and contains hand-written notes.
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, firstname.lastname@example.org if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationFerguson, Roland H. The timber resources of Pennsylvania. A report on the forest survey made by the U.S. Forest Service. Upper Darby, PA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northeastern Forest Experiment Station. 46 p.
- The timber resources of Rhode Island
- Forest statistics for West Virginia
- The Timber Resources of New Jersey. A report on the forest survey made by the U.S. Forest Service
XML: View XML