Skip to Main Content
The timber resources of Rhode IslandAuthor(s): Roland H. Ferguson; John R. McGuire; John R. McGuire
Source: Upper Darby, PA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northeastern Forest Experiment Statrion. 38 p.
Publication Series: Resource Bulletin (RB)
Station: Northeastern Research Station
PDF: View PDF (3.26 MB)
DescriptionThis is a report on the first comprehensive survey ever made of the timber resources of Rhode Island. It shows, for the years 1952 and 1953, the area and condition of the forest land, the volume and quality of standing timber, the rates of timber growth and mortality, and the extent of timber cutting for forest products. The survey was made by the Forest Service as part of a nationwide survey of timber resources. NOTE: this document was scanned from a personal copy and contains hand-written notes.
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, firstname.lastname@example.org if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationFerguson, Roland H.; McGuire, John R. 1957. The timber resources of Rhode Island. Upper Darby, PA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northeastern Forest Experiment Statrion. 38 p.
- The Timber Resources of Connecticut
- The timber resources of Pennsylvania. A report on the forest survey made by the U.S. Forest Service
- The Timber Resources of New Jersey. A report on the forest survey made by the U.S. Forest Service
XML: View XML