Skip to Main Content
The forest resources of New HampshireAuthor(s): Northeastern Forest Experiment Station
Source: For. Resour. Rep. 8. Washington, DC: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northeastern Forest Experiment Station. 39 p.
Publication Series: Resource Bulletin (RB)
Station: Northeastern Research Station
PDF: Download Publication (7.06 MB)
DescriptionThrough the McSweeney-McNary Act of 1928, Congress authorized the Secretary of Agriculture to conduct a comprehensive survey of the forest resources of the United States. This work was assigned to the Forest Service. The purposes of this forest survey are (1) to make a field inventory of the present supply of standing timber; (2) to ascertain its current rate of growth; (3) to determine how much it is being reduced through industrial and domestic uses, fire, and other causes; (4) to estimate the present consumption and the probable future trends in requirements for forest products; and (5) to interpret and correlate these findings so that they may be useful in formulating private and public forest policies. Results of this first comprehensive survey of the forest resources of New Hampshire are reported here.
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, email@example.com if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationNortheastern Forest Experiment Station 1954. The forest resources of New Hampshire. For. Resour. Rep. 8. Washington, DC: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northeastern Forest Experiment Station. 39 p.
- The timber resources of New York
- Releases of natural enemies in Hawaii since 1980 for classical biological control of weeds
- The Timber Resources of Connecticut
XML: View XML