Skip to Main Content
Virginia's timber, 1977Author(s): Herbert A. Knight; Joe P. McClure
Source: Resour. Bull. SE-44. Asheville, NC: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Southeastern Forest Experiment Station. 59 p.
Publication Series: Resource Bulletin (RB)
Station: Southeastern Forest Experiment Station
PDF: Download Publication (7.94 MB)
DescriptionThis report presents the principal findings of the fourth evaluation of Virginia's forest resources. The field inventory was started in February 1975 and completed in March 1977. Three previous Statewide inventories, completed in 1940, 1957, and 1966, provide reference points for measuring changed and trends over the past 37 years. This analysis focuses mainly on changes and trends since 1966.
- You may send email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationKnight, Herbert A.; McClure, Joe P. 1977. Virginia''s timber, 1977. Resour. Bull. SE-44. Asheville, NC: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Southeastern Forest Experiment Station. 59 p.
- Forest statistics for the Southern Mountain region of Virginia, 1977
- Forest statistics for the Northern Mountain region of Virginia 1977
- Forest statistics for the Coastal Plain of Virginia, 1976
XML: View XML