Skip to Main Content
New tarsonemids associated with bark beetles (Acarina: Tarsonemidae)Author(s): Robert L. Smiley; John C. Moser
Source: Annals of the Entomological Society of America Vol. 67(4): 641-665
Publication Series: Miscellaneous Publication
PDF: View PDF (2.23 MB)
DescriptionThe generic characters for Ununguitarsonemus beer and nucifora are emended and U. peacocki n. sp. is described. Descriptions and illustrations for Heterotarsonemus milleri and H. makaharai n. spp. are presented, as well as a key to species for this genus. A lectotype is designated for Pseudotarsonemoides ecoptogasteris Vitzthum, the type for the genus. Illustrations and a redescription for this taxon are included. A key to species for this genus is included. New Pseudotarsonemoides spp. are: scolyti, americanus, and fechteri. The adul male of Tarsonemus ips is described and illustrations for the pupa and immature stages are given. New tarsonemus spp. are: kennedyi, krantsi, wilkinsoni, and suskii
- You may send email to email@example.com to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationSmiley, Robert L.; Moser, John C. 1973. New tarsonemids associated with bark beetles (Acarina: Tarsonemidae). Annals of the Entomological Society of America Vol. 67(4): 641-665
- Redescription of Tarsonemus minimax and definition of its species-group in the genus Tarsonemus (Acari: Tarsonemidae) with descriptions of two new species
- A new species, key to females, and distribution records for Heterotarsonemus (Acari: Tarsonemidae)
- Biology, demography and community interactions of Tarsonemus (Acarina: Tarsonemidae) mites phoretic on Dendroctonus frontalis (Coleoptera: Scolytidae)
XML: View XML