Skip to Main Content
Biology of Pyemotes parviscolyti (acarina: pyemotidae)Author(s): John c. Moser; E.A. Cross
Source: Entomophaga, Vol.16(4): 367-379
Publication Series: Miscellaneous Publication
PDF: View PDF (1.21 MB)
DescriptionPyemotes parviscolyti Cross & Moser is phoretic only on Pityophthorus bisulcatus Eichhoff; it attacks all stages of this insect except the adult. Females, which contain little or no venom, prey on other scolytids if galleries overlap. Males copulate with females of Pyemotes ventricosus Newport and vice versa, but only males of the mother species result. Copulation with Pyemotes scolyti Oudeman's was not successful.
- You may send email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationMoser, John c.; Cross, E.A. 1971. Biology of Pyemotes parviscolyti (acarina: pyemotidae). Entomophaga, Vol.16(4): 367-379
- Transfer of a Pyemotes egg parastie phoretic on western pine bark beetles to the southern pine beetle
- A New, Dimorphic Species of Pyemotes and a Key to Previously-Described Forms (Acarina: Tarsonemoidea)
- Reproductive Behaviors of Anoplophora glabripennis (Coleoptera: Cerambycidae) in the Laboratory
XML: View XML