Skip to Main Content
A New Species of Lasconotus (Coleoptera: Colydiidae) from Arizona and South DakotaAuthor(s): John M. Kingsolver; Karl Stephan; John C. Moser
Source: Entomological News 117(1): 53-56
Publication Series: Miscellaneous Publication
PDF: Download Publication (423 KB)
DescriptionLasconotus fitzgibbonae, a new species in the Colydiidae, is described. It is compared with Lasconotus coronatus (Hinton) from Mexico, originally described in the genus Chrysopogonius Hinton, now a synonym of Lasconotus Erichson. The South Dakota specimens were found under the root bark of Pinus edulis Engelm.
- You may send email to email@example.com to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationKingsolver, John M.; Stephan, Karl; Moser, John C. 2006. A New Species of Lasconotus (Coleoptera: Colydiidae) from Arizona and South Dakota. Entomological News 117(1): 53-56
KeywordsLasconotus, Colydiidae, Coleoptera, Pinus, bark beetles, trapping, Arizona, South Dakota, U.S.A.
- Perry Pinyon Pines Protection Project
- Modeling future plant distributions on the Colorado Plateau: An example using Pinus edulis
- Identifying markets for pinyon pine in the Four Corners Region
XML: View XML