Skip to Main Content
Timber resource statistics for the San Joaquin and southern California resource areas.Author(s): Bruce Hiserote; Joel Moen; Charles L. Bolsinger
Source: Res. Bull. PNW-RB-132. Portland, OR: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Pacific Northwest Research Station. 35 p
Publication Series: Resource Bulletin (RB)
Station: Pacific Northwest Research Station
Download Publication (649 KB)
DescriptionThis report is one of five that provide timber resource statistics for 57 of the 58 counties in California (San Francisco is excluded). This report presents statistics from a 1982-84 inventory of the timber resources of Alpine, Amador, Calaveras, Fresno, Imperial, Inyo, Kern, Kings, Los Angeles, Madera, Mariposa, Merced, Mono, Orange, Riverside, San Bernardino, San Diego, San Joaquin, Stanislaus, Tulare, and Tuolumne Counties, California. Tables presented are of forest area and timber volume, growth, and mortality. The San Joaquin and southern California resource areas contain 56 percent of the land area for the State, but only 15 percent of the timberland area. Timberland area is an estimated 2.4 million acres containing growing-stock volume estimated to be 8.5 billion cubic feet.
- Visit PNW's Publication Request Page to request a hard copy of this publication.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationHiserote, Bruce; Moen, Joel; Bolsinger, Charles L. 1986. Timber resource statistics for the San Joaquin and southern California resource areas. Res. Bull. PNW-RB-132. Portland, OR: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Pacific Northwest Research Station. 35 p
KeywordsForest surveys, statistics (forest), timber resources, resources (forest), California (southern)
- Timber resource statistics of the north coast resource area of California.
- Timber resource statistics for the central coast resource area of California.
- Timber resource statistics of the northern interior resource area of California.
XML: View XML