Skip to Main Content
Timber resource statistics for the central coast resource area of California.Author(s): Perry Colclasure; Joel Moen; Charles L. Bolsinger
Source: Res. Bull. PNW-RB-133. Portland, OR: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Pacific Northwest Research Station. 32 p
Publication Series: Resource Bulletin (RB)
Station: Pacific Northwest Research Station
View PDF (546 KB)
DescriptionThis report is one of five that provide timber resource statistics for 57 of the 58 counties in California (San Francisco is excluded). This report presents statistics from a 1981-84 inventory of the timber resources of Alameda, Contra Costa, Marin, Monterey, San Benito, San Luis Obispo, San Mateo, Santa Barbara, Santa Clara, Santa Cruz, Solano, and Ventura Counties. Tables presented are of forest area and of timber volume, growth, and mortality. Total timberland area is an estimated 340,000 acres, 3 percent of the total land area. The estimated total volume of growing stock is 2 billion cubic feet. The central coast resource area contains 11 percent of the State's total land area, 2 percent of the timberland, and 4 percent of the growing stock volume.
- You may send email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationColclasure, Perry; Moen, Joel; Bolsinger, Charles L. 1986. Timber resource statistics for the central coast resource area of California. Res. Bull. PNW-RB-133. Portland, OR: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Pacific Northwest Research Station. 32 p
KeywordsForest surveys, statistics (forest), timber resources, resources (forest), California
- Timber resource statistics of the northern interior resource area of California.
- Timber resource statistics for the San Joaquin and southern California resource areas.
- Timber resource statistics of the Sacramento resource area of California.
XML: View XML