Skip to Main Content
Timber resource statistics of the northern interior resource area of California.Author(s): Perry Colclasure; Joel Moen; Charles L. Bolsinger
Source: Res. Bull. PNW-RB-135. Portland, OR: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Pacific Northwest Research Station. 32 p
Publication Series: Resource Bulletin (RB)
Station: Pacific Northwest Research Station
Download Publication (591 KB)
DescriptionThis report is one of five that provide timber resource statistics for 57 of the 58 counties in California (San Francisco is excluded). This report presents statistics from a 1981-84 inventory of the timber resources of Lassen, Modoc, Shasta, Siskiyou, and Trinity Counties. Tables presented are of forest area and of timber volume, growth, and mortality. Timberland area is an estimated 5.7 million acres, 40 percent of the total land area. Total growing stock volume is 16 billion cubic feet. The northern interior resource area contains 14 percent of the State’s total land area, 35 percent of the timberland, and 29 percent of the growing stock volume.
- Visit PNW's Publication Request Page to request a hard copy of this publication.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationColclasure, Perry; Moen, Joel; Bolsinger, Charles L. 1986. Timber resource statistics of the northern interior resource area of California. Res. Bull. PNW-RB-135. Portland, OR: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Pacific Northwest Research Station. 32 p
KeywordsForest surveys, statistics (forest), timber resources, resources (forest), California
- Timber resource statistics for the central coast resource area of California.
- Timber resource statistics for the San Joaquin and southern California resource areas.
- Timber resource statistics of the Sacramento resource area of California.
XML: View XML