Skip to Main Content
Timber resource statistics for the Upper Yukon inventory unit, Alaska, 1980.Author(s): Willem W.S. van Hees
Source: Res. Bull. PNW-RB-146. Portland, OR: US. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Pacific Northwest Research Station. 60 p
Publication Series: Resource Bulletin (RB)
Station: Pacific Northwest Research Station
Download Publication (1.33 MB)
DescriptionThe 1980 inventory of the forest resources of the Upper Yukon unit was designed to produce inventory estimates of timberland area, volume of timber, and volumes of timber growth and mortality. Timberland area is estimated at 742,000 acres. Cubic-foot volume on all timberland is estimated at 475 million cubic feet. Timber growth and mortality are estimated at -615,000 cubic feet, and 2,238,000 cubic feet, respectively. Detailed tables provide additional breakdowns of inventory results. The inventory was conducted in 1979 and 1980; data compilation was completed in 1984.
- Visit PNW's Publication Request Page to request a hard copy of this publication.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
Citationvan Hees, Willem W.S. 1987. Timber resource statistics for the Upper Yukon inventory unit, Alaska, 1980. Res. Bull. PNW-RB-146. Portland, OR: US. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Pacific Northwest Research Station. 60 p
KeywordsForest surveys, timber resources, statistics (forest), Alaska (interior)
- Timber resource statistics for the Beluga block, Susitna River basin multiresource inventory unit, Alaska, 1980.
- Timber resource statistics for the Chatham area of the Tongass National Forest, Alaska, 1982.
- Timberland resources of the Kenai Peninsula, Alaska, 1987.
XML: View XML