Skip to Main Content
California's western juniper and pinyon-juniper woodlands: area, stand characteristics, wood volume, and fenceposts.Author(s): Charles L. Bolsinger
Source: Res. Bull. PNW-RB-166. Portland, OR: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Pacific Northwest Research Station. 37 p
Publication Series: Resource Bulletin (RB)
Station: Pacific Northwest Research Station
Download Publication (1.05 MB)
DescriptionThe results of a statewide inventory of western juniper and pinyon-juniper woodlands are presented. Included are statistics on area of woodland by type and ownership; area of rangeland with scattered juniper and pinyon trees; wood volume by ownership, species, and tree size; juniper fenceposts; tree and stand age distribution; stand characteristics, including overstory and understory; and a discussion of resource potential and changes in western juniper and pinyon-juniper woodland since 1945.
- You may send email to email@example.com to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationBolsinger, Charles L. 1989. California''s western juniper and pinyon-juniper woodlands: area, stand characteristics, wood volume, and fenceposts. Res. Bull. PNW-RB-166. Portland, OR: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Pacific Northwest Research Station. 37 p
KeywordsJuniper, pinyon, fenceposts, forest inventory, California
- Pinyon/juniper woodlands [Chapter 4]
- Pinyon-juniper woodlands in Zion National Park, Utah
- Managing pinyon-juniper woodlands
XML: View XML