Skip to Main Content
Forest statistics of the United States, 1987.Author(s): Karen L. Waddell; Danlel D. Oswald; Douglas S. Powell
Source: Res. Bull. PNW-RB-168. Portland, OR: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Pacific Northwest Research Station. 106 p
Publication Series: Resource Bulletin (RB)
Station: Pacific Northwest Research Station
Download Publication (3.66 MB)
DescriptionThe Forest and Rangeland Renewable Resources Planning Act (RPA) of 1974 (88 Stat. 476 as amended) directs the U.S. Department of Agriculture to conduct a comprehensive assessment of all forest and range land resources on both public and private lands. Forest resource data collected from periodic surveys in each State and Forest Service Region were entered into a database management system, compiled, and summarized for the United States. Tables include information on area, volume, removals, and timber product outputs. This paper extracts sections of the 1989 RPA Assessment document.
- Visit PNW's Publication Request Page to request a hard copy of this publication.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationWaddell, Karen L.; Oswald, Danlel D.; Powell, Douglas S. 1989. Forest statistics of the United States, 1987. Res. Bull. PNW-RB-168. Portland, OR: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Pacific Northwest Research Station. 106 p
KeywordsRPA, assessment, volume, area, removals, timber products
- Comparison of U.S. Forest Land AreaEstimates From Forest Inventory and Analysis, National Resources Inventory, and Four Satellite Image-Derived Land Cover Data Sets
- Future scenarios: a technical document supporting the Forest Service 2010 RPA Assessment
- Defining the United States land base: a technical document supporting the USDA Forest Service 2020 RPA assessment
XML: View XML