Skip to Main Content
Changes in area and ownership of timberland in western Oregon: 1961-86.Author(s): Colin D. MacLean
Source: Res. Bull. PNW-RB-170. Portland, OR: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Pacific Northwest Research Station. 13 p
Publication Series: Resource Bulletin (RB)
Station: Pacific Northwest Research Station
View PDF (281 KB)
DescriptionThis report notes the changes in timberland area and in timberland ownership that took place in western Oregon between 1961 and 1986. The data for the report were based on observations and measurements taken during three successive forest inventories of non-Federal lands in western Oregon. Estimates of change were based on repeat measurements of 1,465 permanent plots but older classification were revised to meet current definitions and standards.
- You may send email to email@example.com to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationMacLean, Colin D. 1990. Changes in area and ownership of timberland in western Oregon: 1961-86. Res. Bull. PNW-RB-170. Portland, OR: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Pacific Northwest Research Station. 13 p
KeywordsForest surveys, statistics (forest), forest area, forest area change, forest ownership, ownership change (forest), Oregon (western)
- A spatial model of land use change for western Oregon and western Washington.
- The privately owned timber resources of western Oregon.
- Western juniper in eastern Oregon.
XML: View XML