Skip to Main Content
An annotated bibliography of the effects of logging on fish of the Western United States and Canada.Author(s): Dave R. Gibbons; Ernest O. Salo
Source: Gen. Tech. Rep. PNW-GTR-010. Portland, OR: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Pacific Northwest Forest and Range Experiment Station. 145 p
Publication Series: General Technical Report (GTR)
Station: Pacific Northwest Research Station
PDF: View PDF (2.02 MB)
DescriptionThis bibliography is an annotation of the scientific and nonscientific literature published on the effects of logging on fish and aquatic habitat of the Western United States and Canada. It includes 278 annotations and 317 total references. Subject areas include erosion and sedimentation, water quality, related influences upon salmonids, multiple logging effects, alteration of streamflow, stream protection, multiple-use management, streamside vegetation, stream improvement, and descriptions of studies on effects of logging. A review of the literature, a narrative on the state of the art, and a list of research needs determined by questionnaires are included.
- You may send email to email@example.com to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
CitationGibbons, Dave R.; Salo, Ernest O. 1973. An annotated bibliography of the effects of logging on fish of the Western United States and Canada. Gen. Tech. Rep. PNW-GTR-010. Portland, OR: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Pacific Northwest Forest and Range Experiment Station. 145 p
- Risk analysis and timber investments: a bibliography of theory and applications.
- Annotated bibliography on soil erosion and erosion control in subarctic and high-latitude regions of North America.
- Environmental effects of postfire logging: literature review and annotated bibliography.
XML: View XML