Skip to Main Content
A New Species of Torymus (Hymenoptera: Torymidae) Parasitic on Pachypsylla Celtidis-Vesicula Riley (Chermidae) with Notes on its Biology and Other Parasitoids attacking the same host at Columbus, OhioAuthor(s): John C. Moser
Source: Journal of the Kanas Entomological Society 29(2): 57-62
Publication Series: Miscellaneous Publication
PDF: Download Publication (442 KB)
DescriptionThe genus Torymus is a group in which the vast majority of species are ectoparasitic on dipterous or hymenopterous gall makers. Three species, however, have been recorded from Homoptera, one on the eggs of Cicadidae and two others as gall parasitoids of the genus Pachypsylla which are gall makers of Celtis sp. (hackberry). Torymus pachypsyllac (Ashmead) is recorded, Ashmead (1888), from twig gals of Pachypsylla venusta (Osten Sacken). An additional host record is supplied by Lienk (1951), who reords it from the leaf gall maker. Another species, Torymus scalaris (Huber), is recorded from twig galls, Huber (1927), of Pachypsylla celtidis-gemma Riley.
- You may send email to email@example.com to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationMoser, John C. 1956. A New Species of Torymus (Hymenoptera: Torymidae) Parasitic on Pachypsylla Celtidis-Vesicula Riley (Chermidae) with Notes on its Biology and Other Parasitoids attacking the same host at Columbus, Ohio. Journal of the Kanas Entomological Society 29(2): 57-62
- The interrelationships of three gall makers and their natural enemies, on hackberry (Celtis Occidentalis L.)
- Resistance of 22 southern hardwoods to wood-decay fungi and subterranean termites
- Riparian forest communities of the lower Kaskaskia River bottoms
XML: View XML