Skip to Main Content
Climate and hydrology of the Entiat Experimental Forest watersheds under virgin forest cover.Author(s): J.D. Helvey; W.B. Fowler; G.O. Klock; A.R. Tiedemann
Source: Gen. Tech. Rep. PNW-GTR-042. Portland, OR: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Pacific Northwest Forest and Range Experiment Station. 18 p
Publication Series: General Technical Report (GTR)
Station: Pacific Northwest Research Station
PDF: View PDF (759 KB)
DescriptionClimatic and hydrologic measurements were made on three watersheds, each containing approximately 2 square miles (5.18 km2) of drainage area, for 9 years under natural forested conditions. This paper describes the watersheds with respect to soils and geology, morphology, vegetation, precipitation and other climatic parameters, and flow, sediment, temperature, and chemistry of streams during this period.
- You may send email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationHelvey, J.D.; Fowler, W.B.; Klock, G.O.; Tiedemann, A.R. 1976. Climate and hydrology of the Entiat Experimental Forest watersheds under virgin forest cover. Gen. Tech. Rep. PNW-GTR-042. Portland, OR: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Pacific Northwest Forest and Range Experiment Station. 18 p
KeywordsWatershed management, climate variation
- Assessing the vulnerability of watersheds to climate change: results of national forest watershed vulnerability pilot assessments
- Water, climate change, and forests: watershed stewardship for a changing climate
- Forest Service Research and Development: strategic vision for the experimental forests and ranges network
XML: View XML