Skip to Main Content
Forest statistics for North-Central Alabama countiesAuthor(s): Forest Inventory and Analysis Research Work Unit
Source: Resour. Bull. SO-96. New Orleans, Louisiana: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Southern Forest Experiment Station. 17 p.
Publication Series: Resource Bulletin (RB)
Station: Southern Forest Experiment Station
PDF: View PDF (0 B)
DescriptionThese tables were derived from data obtained during a 1982 inventory of 15 counties comprising the North Central Unit of Alabama (fig. 1). The data on forest acreage and timber volume were secured by systematic sampling method involving a forest-nonforest classification on aerial photographs and on-the-ground measurements of trees at sample locations. The sample locations were at the intersecting of a grid of lines spaces 3 miles apart. At each forest location, per acre estimates were obtained from 5 BA 37.5 point samples.
- You may send email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationForest Inventory and Analysis Research Work Unit 1983. Forest statistics for North-Central Alabama counties. Resour. Bull. SO-96. New Orleans, Louisiana: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Southern Forest Experiment Station. 17 p.
- Forest statistics for North Alabama counties
- Forest statistics for West Central Alabama counties
- Forest statistics for Southwest Alabama counties
XML: View XML