Skip to Main Content
Forest statistics for North Alabama countiesAuthor(s): Forest Inventory and Analysis Work Unit
Source: Resour. Bull. SO-95. New Orleans, Louisiana: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Southern Forest Experiment Station. 17 p.
Publication Series: Resource Bulletin (RB)
Station: Southern Forest Experiment Station
View PDF (975 KB)
DescriptionThese tables were derived from data obtained during a 1982 inventory of 10 counties comprising the North Unit of Alabama (fig. 1). The data on forest acreage and timber volume were secured by a systematic sampling method involving a forest-nonforest classification on aerial photographs and on-the-ground measurements of trees at sample locations. The sample locations were intersections of a grid of lines spaced 3 miles apart. At each forest location, per acre estimates were obtained from 5 BA 37.5 point samples.
- You may send email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
CitationForest Inventory and Analysis Work Unit 1983. Forest statistics for North Alabama counties. Resour. Bull. SO-95. New Orleans, Louisiana: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Southern Forest Experiment Station. 17 p.
- Forest statistics for West Central Alabama counties
- Forest statistics for Southwest Alabama counties
- Forest statistics for North-Central Alabama counties
XML: View XML