Skip to Main Content
Forest statistics for Southwest Alabama countiesAuthor(s): SO Southern Experiment Sta
Source: Resour. Bull. SO-94. New Orleans, Louisiana: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Southern Forest Experiment Station. 20 p.
Publication Series: Resource Bulletin (RB)
Station: Southern Forest Experiment Station
View PDF (0 B)
DescriptionThese tables were derived from data obtained during a 1982 inventory of 21 counties comprising the Southeast Unit of Alabama (fig. 1). The data on forest acreage and timber volume were secured by a systematic sampling method of involving a forest-nonforest classification on aerial photographs and on-the-ground measurements of trees at sample locations. The sample locations were at the intersection of a grid of lines spaced 3 miles apart. At each forest location, per acre estimates were obtained from 5 BA 37.5 point samples.
- You may send email to email@example.com to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
CitationForest Inventory and Analysis Research Work Unit 1983. Forest statistics for Southwest Alabama counties. Resour. Bull. SO-94. New Orleans, Louisiana: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Southern Forest Experiment Station. 20 p.
- Forest statistics for North Alabama counties
- Forest statistics for North-Central Alabama counties
- Forest statistics for West Central Alabama counties
XML: View XML