Skip to Main Content
Forest statistics for Southwest Arkansas countiesAuthor(s): T. Richard Quick; Mary S. Hedlund
Source: Resour. Bull. SO-70. New Orleans, Louisiana: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Southern Forest Experiment Station. 25 p.
Publication Series: Resource Bulletin (RB)
Station: Southern Forest Experiment Station
PDF: View PDF (1.23 MB)
DescriptionThese tables were derived from data obtained during a 1978 inventory of 20 counties comprising the Southwest Unit of Arkansas (fig. 1). The data on forest acreage and timber volume were secured by a systematic sampling method involving a forest-nonforest classification on aerial photographs and on-the-ground measurements of trees at sample locations. The sample locations were at the intersections of a grid of lines spaces 3 miles apart. At each forest location. 10 BA 37.5 point samples were distributed on an area of about 1 acre.
- You may send email to email@example.com to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationQuick, T. Richard; Hedlund, Mary S. 1979. Forest statistics for Southwest Arkansas counties. Resour. Bull. SO-70. New Orleans, Louisiana: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Southern Forest Experiment Station. 25 p.
- Forest statistics for Central Tennessee counties
- Forest statistics for West-Central Tennessee counties
- Forest statistics for West Tennessee counties
XML: View XML