Skip to Main Content
Geographic variation in response of pine engraver, Ips pini, and associated species to pheromone, lanieroneAuthor(s): Daniel R. Miller; Kenneth E. Gibson; K.F. Raffa; S.J. Seybold; S.A. Teale; D.L. Wood
Source: Journal of Chemical Ecology, Vol. 23(8): 2013-2031
Publication Series: Miscellaneous Publication
PDF: View PDF (1.29 MB)
DescriptionLanierone strongly synergized the attraction of male and female Ips pini (Say) to ipsdienol in New York and Wisconsin. Synergy was only weakly significant in Montana and British Columbia and not significant in California. Catches of I. pini in ipsdienol-baited traps were increased 0% (i.e., nonsignificant) to 9942% by lanierone, with the highest increases in eastern North America. Lanierone had the least effect in California. The effects of lanierone on sex ratios of I. pini in trap catches varied significantly between regions. The addition of lanierone to ipsdienol-baited traps resulted in a general increase in male representation at nine of 12 sites. Ips integer (Eichhoff) was attracted to lanierone alone. Ipsdienol reduced the response of I. integer
- You may send email to email@example.com to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationMiller, Daniel R.; Gibson, Kenneth E.; Raffa, K.F.; Seybold, S.J.; Teale, S.A.; Wood, D.L. 1997. Geographic variation in response of pine engraver, Ips pini, and associated species to pheromone, lanierone. Journal of Chemical Ecology, Vol. 23(8): 2013-2031
- Pheromone interruption of pine engraver, Ips pini, by pheromones of mountain pine beetle, Dendroctonus ponderosae (Coleoptera: Scolytidae)
- Dose-Dependent Pheromone Responses of Ips pini, Orthotomicus latiden (Coleoptera: Scolytidae), and associates in stands of lodgepole pine
- ß-Phellandrene: Kairomone for Pine Engraver, Ips pini (Say) (Coleoptera: Scolytidae)
XML: View XML