Skip to Main Content
Forest statistics for Mississippi counties - 1987Author(s): Bryan L. Donner; F. Dee Hines
Source: Resour. Bull. SO-129. New Orleans, Louisiana: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Southern Forest Experiment Station. 84 p.
Publication Series: Resource Bulletin (RB)
Station: Southern Forest Experiment Station
View PDF (6.69 MB)
DescriptionThe tables and figures in this report were derived from data obtained through a multi-resource inventory of 82 counties and five survey regions comprising the state of Mississippi (fig. 1). The data on forest acreage and timber volume were secured by a three-step process. First, a forest-non-forest classification was accomplished on aerial photographs for points representing approximately 230 acres. Second, these photo classifications were adjusted on the basis of ground observations at sample locations representing approximately 3,840 acres. Finally, forest locations at the intersections of a grid of lines spaces 3 miles apart were subjected to on-the-ground measurements. At these forest locations, per-acre estimates were obtained from trees measured on a cluster of ten 37.5 basal area factor prism points.
- You may send email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationDonner, Bryan L.; Dee Hines, F. 1987. Forest statistics for Mississippi counties - 1987. Resour. Bull. SO-129. New Orleans, Louisiana: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Southern Forest Experiment Station. 84 p.
- Forest statistics for Southwest Mississippi counties - 1987
- Forest statistics for Arkansas counties - 1988
- Forest statistics for Central Tennessee counties
XML: View XML