Skip to Main Content
Ecotourism (Ecoturismo)Author(s): William Forbes
Source: In: Basurto, Xavier; Hadley, Diana, eds. 2006. Grasslands ecosystems, endangered species, and sustainable ranching in the Mexico-U.S. borderlands: Conference proceedings. RMRS-P-40. Fort Collins, CO: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Rocky Mountain Research Station. p. 76-82
Publication Series: Proceedings (P)
Station: Rocky Mountain Research Station
PDF: Download Publication (140 B)
DescriptionThe objectives of this presentation are to: (1) describe how ecotourism differs from traditional tourism; (2) provide examples of ecotourism from the U.S.-Mexico region; and (3) suggest potential ecotourism development in the Casas Grandes area; and (4) describe potential problems related to such development. My background in ecotourism is related to two projects: (a) a $200,000 countywide ecotourism development project I helped initiate and manage in Oregon (Forbes 1998); and (b) my dissertation on conservationist Aldo Leopold’s 1930s visits to Municipio Casas Grandes and how ecotourism may now apply there (Forbes and Haas 2000).
- You may send email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationForbes, William. 2006. Ecotourism (Ecoturismo). In: Basurto, Xavier; Hadley, Diana, eds. 2006. Grasslands ecosystems, endangered species, and sustainable ranching in the Mexico-U.S. borderlands: Conference proceedings. RMRS-P-40. Fort Collins, CO: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Rocky Mountain Research Station. p. 76-82
Keywordssemi-arid grasslands, endangered species, sustainable ranching, Mexico-U.S. borderlands, ecotourism
- An update on conservation in the Janos-Casas Grandes Area
- Diversity of amphibians and reptiles associated with grasslands of Janos-Casas Grandes, Chihuahua, Mexico (La diversidad de anfibios y reptiles asociada a los pastizales de Janos-Casas Grandes, Chihuahua, Mexico)
- Integrated Sampling Strategy (ISS) Guide
XML: View XML