Skip to Main Content
Forest statistics for Southeast Texas counties - 1986Author(s): William H. McWilliams; Daniel F. Bertelson
Source: Resour. Bull. SO-114. New Orleans, Louisiana: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Southern Forest Experiment Station. 32 p.
Publication Series: Resource Bulletin (RB)
Station: Southern Forest Experiment Station
View PDF (2.09 MB)
DescriptionThese tables were derived from data obtained during a 1986 inventory of 22 counties comprising the Southeast Unit of Texas (fig. 1). Grimes, Leon, Madison, and Waller counties have been added to the Southeastern Unit since the previous inventory if 1975. All comparisons of the 1975 and 1986 forest statistics made in this Bulletin account for this change. The data on forest acreage and timber volume were secured by a systematic sampling method involving a forest-nonforest classification on aerial photographs and on-the-ground measurements of trees at sample locations. The sample locations were at the intersections of a grid of lines spaced 3 miles apart. At each forest location, per acre estimates were obtained from 10 BA 37.5 point samples.
- You may send email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationMcWilliams, William H.; Bertelson, Daniel F. 1986. Forest statistics for Southeast Texas counties - 1986. Resour. Bull. SO-114. New Orleans, Louisiana: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Southern Forest Experiment Station. 32 p.
- Forest statistics for North Alabama counties
- Forest statistics for North-Central Alabama counties
- Forest statistics for West Central Alabama counties
XML: View XML