Skip to Main Content
Forest statistics for Southwest Mississippi counties - 1987Author(s): John F. Kelly; F. Dee Hines
Source: Resour. Bull. SO-128. New Orleans, Louisiana: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Southern Forest Experiment Station. 38 p.
Publication Series: Resource Bulletin (RB)
Station: Southern Forest Experiment Station
View PDF (3.40 MB)
DescriptionThe tables in this report were derived from data obtained from an inventory of 11 counties comprising the Southwest Mississippi Unit (fig. I). The data on forest acreage and timber volume were secured by a three-step process. A forest-nonforest classification was accomplished on aerial photographs for points representing approximately 230 acres. These photo classifications were adjusted on the basis of ground observations at sample locations representing approximately 3,840 acres. Finally, forest locations at the intersections of a grid of lines spaced 3 miles apart were subjected to on-the-ground measurements. At these forest locations, per-acre estimates were obtained from trees measured on ten 37.5 basal area factor prism points.
- You may send email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationKelly, John F.; Dee Hines, F. 1987. Forest statistics for Southwest Mississippi counties - 1987. Resour. Bull. SO-128. New Orleans, Louisiana: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Southern Forest Experiment Station. 38 p.
- Forest statistics for Mississippi counties - 1987
- Forest statistics for Arkansas counties - 1988
- Forest statistics for Arkansas' Ouachita counties - 1988
XML: View XML