Skip to Main Content
Forest statistics for North Alabama counties - 1990Author(s): William H. McWilliams; K.L. Duncan; John S. Vissage
Source: Resour. Bull. SO-149. New Orleans, Louisiana: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Southern Forest Experiment Station. 38 p.
Publication Series: Resource Bulletin (RB)
Station: Southern Forest Experiment Station
View PDF (2.49 MB)
DescriptionThe 1990 forest inventory of North Alabama revealed the following:
- Timberland area is 2,105.1 thousand acres, a decrease of 4 percent.
- The distribution of live-tree volume shows that the large increases that too place in all but the 6-inch class between 1972 and 1982 have abated. Past declines in the 6-inch class have continued for both hardwoods and softwoods.
- Live-wood volume totals 2,515.0 million cubic feet, about the same as in 1982.
- Hardwood sawtimber volume is 4,992.7 million board feet, an increase of 16 percent.
- Net growth is nearly double the removals of live hardwoods.
- Removals of live softwoods increased by 42 percent, and now represent nearly half of total removals.
- The growth-to-removals relationship is tight for live softwoods, with removals exceeding growth in six of the 10 counties.
- You may send email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationMcWilliams, William H.; Duncan, K.L.; Vissage, John S. 1990. Forest statistics for North Alabama counties - 1990. Resour. Bull. SO-149. New Orleans, Louisiana: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Southern Forest Experiment Station. 38 p.
- Forest statistics for Georgia, 1989
- Forest statistics for Central Georgia, 1989
- Forest statistics for North Georgia, 1989
XML: View XML