Skip to Main Content
The Timber Resources of ConnecticutAuthor(s): Norman B. Griswold; Roland H. Ferguson; Roland H. Ferguson
Source: Upper Darby, PA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northeastern Forest Experiment Station. 36 p.
Publication Series: Miscellaneous Publication
PDF: Download Publication (2.14 MB)
DescriptionThis is a report on the first comprehensive survey made of the forest resource in Connecticut. It shows the area and condition of the forest land and the volume and quality of standing timber as of January 1, 1953, and the annual growth and mortality of the forest growing stock, and the extent of timber cutting in 1952. The survey was made by the Forest Service, U.S. Department of Agriculture, as part of a nationwide survey of timber resources. NOTE: this document was scanned from a personal copy and contains hand-written notes.
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, email@example.com if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationGriswold, Norman B.; Ferguson, Roland H. 1957. The Timber Resources of Connecticut. Upper Darby, PA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northeastern Forest Experiment Station. 36 p.
- The timber resources of Rhode Island
- Forest statistics for West Virginia
- Forest resources of Louisiana
XML: View XML