Skip to Main Content
The Timber Resource in MassachusettsAuthor(s): Northeastern Forest Experiment Station
Source: Upper Darby, PA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northeastern Forest Experiment Station. 45 p.
Publication Series: Miscellaneous Publication
PDF: Download Publication (1.23 MB)
DescriptionThis is a report on the findings of the forest survey made in Massachusetts as part of a nationwide forest survey that is being carried on by the Forest Service, U.S. Department of Agriculture. This report shows, for the year 1953, the area and condition of the forest land, the volume and quality of standing timber, the rates of timber growth and mortality, and the extent of timber cutting for forest products. Field work for this survey was begun in February 1953 and was completed in March 1954.
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
CitationNortheastern Forest Experiment Station 1956. The Timber Resource in Massachusetts. Upper Darby, PA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northeastern Forest Experiment Station. 45 p.
- The timber resources of Rhode Island
- The Timber Resources of Connecticut
- Forest statistics for Alabama
XML: View XML