Skip to Main Content
Due to a lapse in federal funding, this USDA website will not be actively updated. Once funding has been reestablished, online operations will continue.
Forest statistics for the Northern Piedmont of Virginia 1976Author(s): Raymond M. Sheffield
Source: Resour. Bull. SE-39. Asheville, NC: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Southeastern Forest Experiment Station. 40 p.
Publication Series: Resource Bulletin (RB)
Station: Southeastern Forest Experiment Station
PDF: View PDF (863 KB)
DescriptionThis report highlights the principal findings of the fourth inventory of the timber resource in the Northern Piedmont of Virginia. The inventory was started in March 1976 and completed in August 1976. Three previous inventories, completed in 1940, 1957, and 1965, provide statistics for measuring changes and trends over the past 36 years. In this report, the primary emphasis is on the changes and trends since 1965. Previously reported figures have been adjusted to provide the best estimate of real change.
- You may send email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
CitationSheffield, Raymond M. 1976. Forest statistics for the Northern Piedmont of Virginia 1976. Resour. Bull. SE-39. Asheville, NC: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Southeastern Forest Experiment Station. 40 p.
- Forest statistics for the Southern Piedmont of Virginia, 1985
- Forest statistics for the Northern Piedmont of Virginia, 1986
- Forest statistics for the Southern Piedmont of Virginia, 1991
XML: View XML