Skip to Main Content
Forest statistics for the Northern Piedmont of Virginia 1976Author(s): Raymond M. Sheffield
Source: Resour. Bull. SE-39. Asheville, NC: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Southeastern Forest Experiment Station. 40 p.
Publication Series: Resource Bulletin (RB)
Station: Southeastern Forest Experiment Station
PDF: View PDF (863 KB)
DescriptionThis report highlights the principal findings of the fourth inventory of the timber resource in the Northern Piedmont of Virginia. The inventory was started in March 1976 and completed in August 1976. Three previous inventories, completed in 1940, 1957, and 1965, provide statistics for measuring changes and trends over the past 36 years. In this report, the primary emphasis is on the changes and trends since 1965. Previously reported figures have been adjusted to provide the best estimate of real change.
- You may send email to email@example.com to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationSheffield, Raymond M. 1976. Forest statistics for the Northern Piedmont of Virginia 1976. Resour. Bull. SE-39. Asheville, NC: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Southeastern Forest Experiment Station. 40 p.
- Forest statistics for the Northern Piedmont of Virginia, 1986
- Forest statistics for the Southern Piedmont of Virginia, 1985
- Forest statistics for the Northern Piedmont of Virginia, 1992
XML: View XML