Skip to Main Content
Forest statistics for the Northern Mountain region of Virginia 1977Author(s): Raymond M. Sheffield
Source: Resour. Bull. SE-41. Asheville, NC: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Southeastern Forest Experiment Station. 40 p.
Publication Series: Resource Bulletin (RB)
Station: Southeastern Forest Experiment Station
PDF: View PDF (866 KB)
DescriptionThis report highlights the principal findings of the fourth inventory of timber resources in the Northern Mountain Region of Virginia. The inventory was started in August 1976 and completed in December 1976. Three previous inventories, completed in 1940, 1957 and 1966, provide statistics for measuring changes and trends over the past 37 years. In this report, the primary emphasis is on the changes and trends since 1966. Previously reported figures have been adjusted to provide the best estimate of real change.
- You may send email to email@example.com to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationSheffield, Raymond M. 1977. Forest statistics for the Northern Mountain region of Virginia 1977. Resour. Bull. SE-41. Asheville, NC: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Southeastern Forest Experiment Station. 40 p.
- Forest statistics for the Southern Mountain region of Virginia, 1977
- Forest statistics for the Coastal Plain of Virginia, 1985
- Forest statistics for the Coastal Plain of Virginia, 1991
XML: View XML