Skip to Main Content
Forest statistics for South Carolina, 1978Author(s): Raymond M. Sheffield
Source: Resour. Bull. SE-50. Asheville, NC: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Southeastern Forest Experiment Station. 40 p.
Publication Series: Resource Bulletin (RB)
Station: Southeastern Forest Experiment Station
PDF: View PDF (1.03 MB)
DescriptionThis report highlights the principal findings of the fifth inventory of South Carolina's forests. Fieldwork began in April 1977 and was completed in August 1978. Four previous statewide inventories, completed in 1936, 1947, 19.58, and 1968, provide statistics for measuring changes and trends over the past 42 years. The primary emphasis in this report is on the changes and rends since 1968. Previously reported figures have been adjusted to provide the best estimate of change.
- You may send email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationSheffield, Raymond M. 1978. Forest statistics for South Carolina, 1978. Resour. Bull. SE-50. Asheville, NC: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Southeastern Forest Experiment Station. 40 p.
- Forest statistics for the Southern Coastal Plain of South Carolina 1978
- Forest statistics for the Northern Coastal Plain of South Carolina 1978
- Forest statistics for the Southern Coastal Plain of South Carolina, 1987
XML: View XML