Skip to Main Content
Changes in output of industrial timber products in Virginia, 1976-1978Author(s): Richard L. Welch; Thomas R. Bellamy
Source: Resour. Bull. SE-54. Asheville, NC: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Southeastern Forest Experiment Station. 25 p.
Publication Series: Resource Bulletin (RB)
Station: Southeastern Forest Experiment Station
Download Publication (585 KB)
DescriptionAlmost 360 million cubic feet of industrial roundwood products were harvested from Virginia’s forest in 1978, and an estimates 137 million cubic feet of wood residues were left in the forests. Virginia shipped 41 million cubic feet of roundwood products to plants outside the State, and Virginia plants received 65 million cubic feet of out-of-state wood. Over 75 percent of the 384 million cubic feet of roundwood receipts were converted directly to manufactured products. Over 64 million cubic feet were converted to plant byproducts that were used as roundwood substitutes such as pulpwood chips. Of the remaining plant receipts, 17 million cubic feet became fuelwood, 4 million became nonindustrial byproducts, and 10 million were unused. The total output of industrial timber products amounted to 424 million cubic feet, or 9 million cubic feet more than in 1976.
- You may send email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationWelch, Richard L.; Bellamy, Thomas R. 1980. Changes in output of industrial timber products in Virginia, 1976-1978. Resour. Bull. SE-54. Asheville, NC: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Southeastern Forest Experiment Station. 25 p.
- Changes in North Carolina's industrial roundwood products output, 1987-1990
- Alabama's timber industry - an assessment of timber product output and use, 1995
- Changes in Florida's industrial roundwood products output, 1987-1989
XML: View XML