Skip to Main Content
Veneer-log production and receipts in the Southeast, 1988Author(s): Cecil C. Hutchins
Source: Resour. Bull. SE-112. Asheville, NC: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Southeastern Forest Experiment Station. 15 p.
Publication Series: Resource Bulletin (RB)
Station: Southeastern Forest Experiment Station
View PDF (320 KB)
DescriptionIn 1988, almost 1.4 billion board feet of veneer logs were harvested in the Southeast, and the region's veneer mills processed approximately 1.5 billion board feet of logs. Almost 78 percent of veneer-log production and 76 percent of veneer-log receipts were softwood. There were 79 veneer mills operating in 1988. Softwood plywood was the major product. Almost all of the residues produced by veneer mills were used.
- You may send email to email@example.com to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
CitationHutchins, Cecil C., Jr. 1990. Veneer-log production and receipts in the Southeast, 1988. Resour. Bull. SE-112. Asheville, NC: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Southeastern Forest Experiment Station. 15 p.
- Production and receipts of veneer logs in the Southeastern and Midsouth States, 1988
- Veneer Log Production and Receipts in the Southeast, 1969
- Georgia's timber industry - an assessment of timber product output and use, 1995
XML: View XML