Skip to Main Content
Production and receipts of veneer logs in the Southeastern and Midsouth States, 1988Author(s): John B. Tansey; Dennis M. May
Source: Resour. Bull. SE-121. Asheville, NC: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Southeastern Forest Experiment Station. 11 p.
Publication Series: Resource Bulletin (RB)
Station: Southeastern Forest Experiment Station
View PDF (335 KB)
DescriptionVeneer-log production in the 12 Southern States totaled 4.7 billion board feet in 1988, up 11 percent from 1984. In 1988, 151 mills in the south received 4.7 billion board feet of veneer logs. In 1988 imports of veneer logs into the South exceeded exports by 17 million board feet. Yellow pines make up 90 percent of the South.s harvest of veneer logs. Ninety percent of receipts are used in the manufacture of pine plywood.
- You may send email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
CitationTansey, John B.; May, Dennis M. 1991. Production and receipts of veneer logs in the Southeastern and Midsouth States, 1988. Resour. Bull. SE-121. Asheville, NC: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Southeastern Forest Experiment Station. 11 p.
KeywordsVeneer logs, production, receipts, products, residues
- Veneer-log production and receipts in the Southeast, 1988
- Midsouth veneer industries, 1972
- Forest statistics for the Northern coastal plain of South Carolina, 1992
XML: View XML