Field guide to forest plants of northern IdahoAuthor(s): Patricia A. Patterson; Kenneth E. Neiman; Jonalea K. Tonn
Source: Gen. Tech. Rep. INT-180. Ogden, UT: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Intermountain Research Station. 246 p
Publication Series: General Technical Report (GTR)
Station: Intermountain Forest Experiment Station
Download Publication (9.1 MB)
DescriptionThis field guide -- designed for use by people with minimal botanical training -- is an identification aid for nearly 200 plant species having ecological indicator value in northern Idaho forest habitat types. It contains line drawings, simplified taxonomic descriptions , characteristics tables, conspectuses, and keys. It emphasizes characteristics useful for field identification of many common and special interest plants. This is not a comprehensive taxonomy of northern Idaho flora.
Please note: This publication is no longer available in print. However, it was reprinted on CD as RMRS-GTR-118. The CD is still available and can be ordered at the e-mail address below.
- You may send email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationPatterson, Patricia A.; Neiman, Kenneth E.; Tonn, Jonalea K. 1985. Field guide to forest plants of northern Idaho. Gen. Tech. Rep. INT-180. Ogden, UT: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Intermountain Research Station. 246 p
Keywordsforest plants, indicator species, habitat types, northern Idaho, plant guide, field guide
- Forest habitat types of eastern Idaho-western Wyoming
- Trees of the Tapajós: a photographic field guide
- A field guide for forest indicator plants, sensitive plants, and noxious weeds of the Shoshone National Forest, Wyoming
XML: View XML