Skip to Main Content
NDE of logs and standing trees using new acoustic tools : technical application and resultsAuthor(s): Peter Carter; Xiping Wang; Robert J. Ross; David Briggs
Source: Proceedings of the 14th International Symposium on Nondestructive Testing of Wood : May 2-4, 2005, University of Applied Sciences, Eberswalde, Germany. Aachen, Germany : Shaker Verlag, 2005: pages 161-169
Publication Series: Miscellaneous Publication
PDF: View PDF (105 KB)
DescriptionThe new Director ST300 provides a means to efficiently assess stands for stiffness and related wood properties based on standing tree acoustic velocily measures, and can be easily integrated with pre-harvest and earlier stand assessments. This provides for effective valuation for forest sale, stumpage purchase, harvest planning, and ranking of progeny or clones in tree breeding programs.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationCarter, Peter; Wang, Xiping; Ross, Robert J.; Briggs, David. 2005. NDE of logs and standing trees using new acoustic tools : technical application and results. Proceedings of the 14th International Symposium on Nondestructive Testing of Wood : May 2-4, 2005, University of Applied Sciences, Eberswalde, Germany. Aachen, Germany : Shaker Verlag, 2005: pages 161-169
KeywordsWood, mechanical properties, nondestructive testing, microfibrils, acoustic testing, log grading, grading, stiffness, standing trees
- Acoustic evaluation of standing trees : recent research development
- Inferences from growing trees backwards
- Partial harvesting of hardwood sawtimber in Kentucky and Tennessee, 2002–2014
XML: View XML