Skip to Main Content
International Arid Lands Consortium's contributions to Madrean Archipelago stewardshipAuthor(s): Peter F. Ffolliott; Jeffery O. Dawson; Itshack Moshe; Timothy E. Fulbright; E. Carter Johnson; Paul Verburg; Muhannad Shatanawi; Donald F. Caccamise; Jim P. M. Chamie
Source: Gottfried, Gerald J.; Gebow, Brooke S.; Eskew, Lane G.; Edminster, Carleton B., comps. Connecting mountain islands and desert seas: biodiversity and management of the Madrean Archipelago II. Proc. RMRS-P-36. Fort Collins, CO: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Rocky Mountain Research Station: 520-522
Publication Series: Proceedings (P)
Station: Rocky Mountain Research Station
PDF: View PDF (98 KB)
DescriptionThe International Arid Lands Consortium (IALC) was established in 1990 to promote research, education, and training activities related to the development, management, and reclamation of arid and semiarid lands worldwide. Building on a decade of experience, the IALC continues to increase the knowledge base for managers by funding research, development, and demonstration projects and special initiatives. Results from these scientific and technical efforts enhance management of arid and semiarid ecosystems for sustainable use within the framework of maintaining the integrity of the ecological processes. Contributions of the IALC to stewardship of the natural resources in the Madrean Archipelago are presented in this paper.
- You may send email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationFfolliott, Peter F.; Dawson, Jeffery O.; Moshe, Itshack; Fulbright, Timothy E.; Johnson, E. Carter; Verburg, Paul; Shatanawi, Muhannad; Caccamise, Donald F.; Chamie, Jim P. M. 2005. International Arid Lands Consortium''s contributions to Madrean Archipelago stewardship. Gottfried, Gerald J.; Gebow, Brooke S.; Eskew, Lane G.; Edminster, Carleton B., comps. Connecting mountain islands and desert seas: biodiversity and management of the Madrean Archipelago II. Proc. RMRS-P-36. Fort Collins, CO: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Rocky Mountain Research Station: 520-522
Keywordsstewarship, ecosystem management, sustainability, Madrean Archipelago
- Arid and semiarid land stewardship: A 10-year review of accomplishments and contributions of the lnternational Arid Lands Consortium
- International Arid Lands Consortium: A synopsis of accomplishments
- International Arid Lands Consortium: Better land stewardship in water and watershed management
XML: View XML