Skip to Main Content
Comparison of treatments of controlling kudzu prior to planting tree seedlingsAuthor(s): Andrew W. Ezell; Larry Nelson
Source: Gen. Tech. Rep. SRS-92. Asheville, NC: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Southern Research Station. pp. 148-149
Publication Series: General Technical Report (GTR)
PDF: Download Publication (43.7 KB)
DescriptionSeven herbicide treatments were applied to well-established patches of kudzu in Mississippi and South Carolina. Six treatments were applied at each location; five treatments were the same at both locations, and one treatment was applied at one site only. Treatments were evaluated for brownout of the kudzu at 30 and 60 days after treatment (DAT). Percent control of the kudzu was evaluated at 30-day intervals during the growing season following application. Five of the seven treatments demonstrated excellent control of the kudzu. Escort® XP (4 ounces per acre; hereafter acre = A), Oust® Extra (8 ounces per A), Escort + Telar tank mixes (4 ounces + 2ounces and 2 ounces + 4 ounces, respectively) and Tordon® K (1 gallon per A) all provided more than 90 percent control of the kudzu. Transline® (21 ounces per A) and Krenite® (1 gallon per A) did not provide desirable levels of control.
- You may send email to email@example.com to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationEzell, Andrew W.; Nelson, Larry. 2006. Comparison of treatments of controlling kudzu prior to planting tree seedlings. Gen. Tech. Rep. SRS-92. Asheville, NC: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Southern Research Station. pp. 148-149
- Comparison of alternative kudzu control measures on a before-tax basis in Mississippi
- Kudzu in Alabama History, Uses, and Control
- Kudzu -- Goat Interactions
XML: View XML