Skip to Main Content
Clonal tests of new cottonwood selections from the southeastAuthor(s): Jonathan Paul Jeffreys; Samuel B. Land; Emily B. Schultz; Andrew J. Londo
Source: Gen. Tech. Rep. SRS-92. Asheville, NC: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Southern Research Station. pp. 229-233
Publication Series: Miscellaneous Publication
PDF: View PDF (372 KB)
DescriptionOne hundred “new” clones and 20 “check” clones were established with unrooted cuttings during March-April 2003 in a second-stage clonal trial in Missouri and Georgia. The new clones had been selected for 2-year superiority in Melampsora leaf rust resistance, height growth, and diameter growth during first-stage rooted cutting trials. All 120 clones were vegetatively multiplied in a cutting production nursery at Stoneville, MS, and cuttings from this nursery were used for the two second-stage trials. Results from second-year measurements of Melampsora leaf rust infection, height, and d.b.h. indicate that geographic patterns of genetic variation were apparent at both sites. Location effects were present for all traits except d.b.h. for the 120 clones tested, and additional gains from selection among clones within origins can be attained for these traits.
- You may send email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
CitationJeffreys, Jonathan Paul; Land, Samuel B., Jr.; Schultz, Emily B.; Londo, Andrew J. 2006. Clonal tests of new cottonwood selections from the southeast. Gen. Tech. Rep. SRS-92. Asheville, NC: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Southern Research Station. pp. 229-233
- Genetic Analysis of earl field growth of loblolly pine clones and seedlings from the same full-sib families
- Geographic origin of cottonwood from the southeast affects Melampsora infection in 3-year-old clonal trials
- Geographic Variation in Melampsora Rust Resistance in Eastern Cottonwood in the Lower Mississippi Valley
XML: View XML