Skip to Main Content
A new tool for fire managers: An electronic duff moisture meterAuthor(s): Peter R. Robichaud; Jim Bilskie
Source: Fire management today. 64(2): 15-18
Publication Series: Miscellaneous Publication
PDF: Download Publication (109 KB)
DescriptionPrescribed fires are increasingly being used to reduce hazardous fuels, a major objective of the National Fire Plan. Despite advancing technology and ever-improving models, fire managers still find it challenging to determine the right time for a prescribed burn.
- You may send email to email@example.com to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationRobichaud, Peter R.; Bilskie, Jim. 2004. A new tool for fire managers: An electronic duff moisture meter. Fire management today. 64(2): 15-18
Keywordsfires, fuels, forest litter, duff moisture meters, prescribed burns, fire management
- Fire Management in the Inter Galatic Interface or 30 Years of Fire Management at Merritt Island National Wildlife Refuge/Kennedy Space Center, Florida
- Optimizing prescribed fire allocation for managing fire risk in central Catalonia
- Ecological effects of prescribed fire season: a literature review and synthesis for managers
XML: View XML