Skip to Main Content
Significant wilderness qualities: can they be identified and monitored?Author(s): David N. Cole; Robert C. Lucas
Source: Proceedings of the third annual NOLS Wilderness Research Colloquium, August 10-15, 1987. Lander, Wyo.: National Outdoor Leadership School. 25 p
Publication Series: Miscellaneous Publication
PDF: Download Publication (114 KB)
DescriptionThe third Research Colloquium, sponsored by the National Outdoor Leadership School (NOLS), convened the week of August 10-15 in the Popo Agie Wilderness, Shoshone National Forest, Wyoming. The purpose of these colloquia is to facilitate interaction and discussion between wilderness managers, researchers, and NOLS personnel in a wilderness setting. At each colloquium, discussion centers around a selected theme. For the third colloquium, participants were asked to write a short paper on the theme. This report is a compilation of those papers, along with a synopsis of discussions held during the colloquium.
- You may send email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationCole, David N.; Lucas, Robert C., comps. 1989. Significant wilderness qualities: can they be identified and monitored?. Proceedings of the third annual NOLS Wilderness Research Colloquium, August 10-15, 1987. Lander, Wyo.: National Outdoor Leadership School. 25 p
Keywordswilderness, management, recreation, quality, monitoring
- Twenty-eight years of wilderness campsite monitoring in Yosemite National Park
- Wilderness visitor experiences: Progress in research and management; 2011 April 4-7; Missoula, MT
- Wilderness science in a time of change conference-Volume 3: Wilderness as a place for scientific inquiry; 1999 May 23-27; Missoula, MT
XML: View XML