Skip to Main Content
Fisherman expectations and pay-lake profitsAuthor(s): George H. Moeller; John Engelken; John Engelken
Source: Res. Pap. NE-264. Upper Darby, PA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northeastern Forest Experiment Station. 5 p.
Publication Series: Research Paper (RP)
Station: Northeastern Research Station
PDF: View PDF (1.43 MB)
DescriptionPersonal interviews with licensed fishermen in Central New York State were used to determine characteristics of fishermen who are willing to pay to fish. Willingness to pay was related to aspects of the fishing experience that most strongly influenced fishing enjoyment. Sixty-two percent of the respondents expressed a willingness to pay for a quality fishing experience. Study results suggest that much instability in the pay-lake fishing market may be due to the failure of individual operators to adequately consider all of the costs involved in providing quality fishing experiences.
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, email@example.com if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationMoeller, George H.; Engelken, John. 1973. Fisherman expectations and pay-lake profits. Res. Pap. NE-264. Upper Darby, PA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northeastern Forest Experiment Station. 5 p.
- Does personal experience affect choice-based preferences for wildfire protection programs?
- Monetary and social impact measures of visitor experience and the effects of a piping plover recovery program on visitor experience
- Comparing the Preferences of Black, Asian, Hispanic, and White Fishermen at Moraine Hills State Park, Illinois
XML: View XML