Skip to Main Content
Green Lumber Grade Yields for Subfactory Class Hardwood LogsAuthor(s): Leland F. Hanks; Leland F. Hanks
Source: Res. Pap. NE-256. Upper Darby, PA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northeastern Forest Experiment Station. 8 p.
Publication Series: Research Paper (RP)
Station: Northeastern Research Station
PDF: View PDF (351.02 KB)
DescriptionData on lumber grade yields for subfactory class logs are presented for ten species of hardwoods. Eogs of this type are expected to assume greater importance in the market. The yields, when coupled with lumber prices, will be useful to sawmill operators for developing log prices in terms of standard factory lumber.
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, email@example.com if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationHanks, Leland F. 1973. Green Lumber Grade Yields for Subfactory Class Hardwood Logs. Res. Pap. NE-256. Upper Darby, PA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northeastern Forest Experiment Station. 8 p.
- Four test-demonstrations of hardwood log grades in the Northeast
- Manufacturing Hardwood Dimension Products Directly from Logs: Potential Opportunities
- Computer-Generated Optimum Hardwood Log Sawing Using Internal Defect Information
XML: View XML