Skip to Main Content
A probability approach to sawtimber tree-value projectionsAuthor(s): Roger E. McCay; Paul S. DeBald; Paul S. DeBald
Source: Res. Pap. NE-254. Upper Darby, PA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northeastern Forest Experiment Station. 9 p.
Publication Series: Research Paper (RP)
Station: Northeastern Research Station
PDF: View PDF (2.06 MB)
DescriptionThe authors present a method for projecting hardwood sawtimber tree values, using tree-development probabilities based on continuous forest inventory (CFI) data and describe some ways to use the resulting value projections to assemble management-planning information.
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
CitationMcCay, Roger E.; DeBald, Paul S. 1973. A probability approach to sawtimber tree-value projections. Res. Pap. NE-254. Upper Darby, PA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northeastern Forest Experiment Station. 9 p.
- Accuracy of tree grade projections for five Appalachian hardwood species
- Back to the future: assessing accuracy and sensitivity of a forest growth model
- Tree grade distribution in Allegheny hardwoods
XML: View XML