Skip to Main Content
Identifying regional opportunities for accelerated timber managemnetAuthor(s): David A. Gansner; Joseph E. Barnard; Samuel F. Gingrich; Samuel F. Gingrich
Source: Res. Pap. NE-251. Upper Darby, PA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northeastern Forest Experiment Station. 6 p.
Publication Series: Research Paper (RP)
Station: Northeastern Research Station
PDF: Download Publication (1.15 MB)
DescriptionDescribes a procedure for identifying regional opportunities for accelerated timber management and demonstrates its application. Results provide a basis for rational choices among alternative management strategies and permit meaningful micro- and macro-evaluations of treatment response.
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
CitationGansner, David A.; Barnard, Joseph E.; Gingrich, Samuel F. 1973. Identifying regional opportunities for accelerated timber managemnet. Res. Pap. NE-251. Upper Darby, PA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northeastern Forest Experiment Station. 6 p.
- Evaluating the effects of ecosystem management: a case study in a Missouri Ozark forest
- Changing resource management paradigms, traditional ecological knowledge, and non-timber forest products
- Ecosystem management decision support for federal forests in the United States: a review
XML: View XML