Skip to Main Content
Sawlog grades for eastern white pineAuthor(s): Myron D. Ostrander; Robert L. Brisbin; Robert L. Brisbin
Source: Res. Pap. NE-205. Upper Darby, PA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northeastern Forest Experiment Station. 25 p.
Publication Series: Research Paper (RP)
Station: Northeastern Research Station
PDF: View PDF (2.87 MB)
DescriptionIn 1957, the USDA Forest Service Log Grade Committee recommended a service-wide action program in log- and tree-grade research. Approval of the program in 1958 resulted in the establishment of five species-oriented timber-quality research projects covering several groups of commercially important timber species. The eastern softwood timber-quality project was activated in 1960. Its initial objective was to develop improved log and tree grades for eastern white pine. This paper presents the results of this initial research.
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, email@example.com if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationOstrander, Myron D.; Brisbin, Robert L. 1971. Sawlog grades for eastern white pine. Res. Pap. NE-205. Upper Darby, PA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northeastern Forest Experiment Station. 25 p.
- Tree grades for eastern white pine
- HOW to Manage Eastern White Pine to Minimize Damage from Blister Rust and White Pine Weevil
- Identification and evaluation of defects in eastern white pine logs and trees
XML: View XML