Skip to Main Content
Riparian ecosystems and buffers - multiscale structure, function, and management: introductionAuthor(s): Kathleen A. Dwire; Richard R. Lowrance
Source: Journal of the American Water Resources Association. 42(1): 1-4
Publication Series: Scientific Journal (JRNL)
Station: Rocky Mountain Research Station
PDF: View PDF (46.62 KB)
DescriptionGiven the importance of issues related to improved understanding and management of riparian ecosystems and buffers, the American Water Resources Association (AWRA) sponsored a Summer Specialty Conference in June 2004 at Olympic Valley, California, entitled 'Riparian Ecosystems and Buffers: Multiscale Structure, Function, and Management.' The primary objective of the conference was to provide a forum for the presentation, exchange, and discussion of current research on national and international riparian topics and an overview of the latest science and management of riparian areas and buffers. This special issue of the Journal of the American Water Resources Association (JAWRA) contains 17 papers on a number of riparian issues presented at the 2004 conference, reflecting the diverse range of topics discussed.
- You may send email to email@example.com to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationDwire, Kathleen A.; Lowrance, Richard R. 2006. Riparian ecosystems and buffers - multiscale structure, function, and management: introduction. Journal of the American Water Resources Association. 42(1): 1-4
Keywordsresearch, conferences, riparian ecosystems, riparian buffers
- Density management in the 21st century: west side story
- Biodiversity and management of the Madrean Archipelago II: Summary of discussions during the concluding session
- Introduction to the featured collection on riparian ecosystems and buffers
XML: View XML