Skip to Main Content
Plant association and management guide for the western hemlock zone.Author(s): Christopher Topik; Nancy M. Halverson; Dale G. Brockway
Source: USDA Forest Service, Pacific Northwest Region, R6-ECOL-230A-1986
Publication Series: Miscellaneous Publication
PDF: View PDF (3.9 MB)
DescriptionThis guide presents the plant association classification for the western hemlock zone of the Gifford Pinchot National Forest. The bulk of the forest below about 3000 feet in elevation is included in this zone, comprising about one half of the entire landbase. Much of this area is blanketed with productive stands of Douglas-fir.
- You may send email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
CitationTopik, Christopher; Halverson, Nancy M.; Brockway, Dale G. 1986. Plant association and management guide for the western hemlock zone. USDA Forest Service, Pacific Northwest Region, R6-ECOL-230A-1986. 132 p.
- Western hemlock as a veneer resource.
- The cellular distribution of lignans in Tsuga heterophylla wood
- Sprinkling to prevent decay in decked western hemlock logs.
XML: View XML