Skip to Main Content
Use of hardwood flooring in mobile homesAuthor(s): David G. Martens; Leonard J. Koenick; Leonard J. Koenick
Source: Res. Pap. NE-172. Upper Darby, PA; U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northeastern Forest Experiment Station. 10 p.
Publication Series: Research Paper (RP)
Station: Northeastern Research Station
PDF: Download Publication (1.61 MB)
DescriptionThe hardwood flooring industry is losing a new and vigorous market by default. The mobile-home industry produced over 250 million square feet of single-family housing space last year, and very little of this floor space was covered with hardwood flooring. A preliminary glance at this situation seems to uncover an industry that offers many opportunities for hardwood flooring manufacturers. Why then is so little hardwood flooring being used? To learn more about this growing industry and to discover some of the factors that now limit the use of hardwood flooring, a series of discussions were held with executives in the industry.
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, email@example.com if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationMartens, David G.; Koenick, Leonard J. 1970. Use of hardwood flooring in mobile homes. Res. Pap. NE-172. Upper Darby, PA; U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northeastern Forest Experiment Station. 10 p.
- Distribution of maple strip flooring in 1969
- Factors affecting the use of hardwood flooring in urban rehabilitation
- Procedures used to estimate hardwood lumber consumption from 1963 to 2002
XML: View XML